If you are are familiar with OJEU guidelines then this advert is for you. Currently available to you is an opportunity to join an organisation who create daily impacts/improvements through their work on society. Well known in their field they offer procurement professionals a chance to be involved in interesting purchasing requisitions.
If you have public sector experience and are free to work immediately then further details are included below.
The Senior Commercial Officer role will report to a Commercial Manager.
• Lead or participate in delivery of projects, procurements and contract management roles across the full Commercial DNA, at the appropriate level providing functional / specialist input to improve ways of working and business change & efficiency.
• Responsible for explaining specialist commercial guidance to operational teams in order to influence compliance with policy / legislation / best practice ways of working and contribute to the delivery of business plans.
• Keep up to date on changing legislation / best practice externally, to inform internal priorities and appropriate alignment.
• Contribute to the development of policy / process at national / local level and monitor and advise on effective implementation in the business, in line with environmental targets.
• Build and sustain effective relationships with operational customers to understand issues and provide effective response / steer for operational needs.
• Responsible for the delivery of contracts such that sustainable impacts and opportunities are identified and managed throughout the commercial lifecycle.
• Mentor and coach others on commercial procedures, practices and techniques equipping them with the knowledge and skills to deliver their work in an effective and efficient manner
• Manage team members to deliver results on time, to required quality standards and cost to fulfill the business plan and achieve / support environmental goals.
• Maximise the efficient and effective use of resources (including electronic sourcing) and people in order to ensure that all activities are completed to time, cost and quality targets.
• Support the development of sub-category and category plans and develop own market category knowledge and expertise
Qualifications and Experience:
MCIPS, IACCM or equivalent experience is desirable.
Additional academic or professional qualifications, such as degree; Prince2 or APM qualification; would be advantage to the role.
An accomplished Commercial professional with a track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding environment
Experience at influencing Commercial decisions at an operational level
A proven manager with experience of leading strategic contract award negotiations and resolving dispute resolutions through negotiation
***PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED APPROXIMATELY 1 HOUR NORTHFROM CAMBRIDGE BY CAR***
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job