Senior Commercial Officer - 30-45k
FTSE 100 Global Organisation - Competitive Salary and attractive benefits package
A rapidly expanding FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation are looking to take on a Senior Commercial Officer to work within one of its most successful project winning divisions in Bristol.
The role is responsible for providing commercial support in bidding for and managing contracts both domestic and abroad.
My client is looking for an achieved individual with a hunger, drive and motivation for progression and career development opportunities. In return my client will offer continuous professional development, and an opportunity to progress with an ever-growing organisation, as well as an extremely competitive salary, working within an efficient team.
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows -
- To secure work with acceptable terms by supervising and undertaking the preparation of commercial elements for tenders, tasking forms, and Contract Amendments (as may be applicable) together with negotiation of Prime Contracts.
- Liaison with project teams and provision of commercial advice with regard to Prime and where necessary Subcontract issues and reporting during Contract execution.
- To provide and maintain the commercial point of contact to the Customer(s) together with the provision of commercial representation at Customer progress meetings.
- Contracts range in value from £000's up to c£80m and will either be responsible for, or, supporting on these depending on value
- Require someone who has knowledge of MOD terms and conditions of contract.
- Types of contract dealing with include Enabling, Logistics Support, Availability
- Will be involved in full lifecycle of contract from Bidding/PQQ/tender acceptance through to delivery
- Will be working in a close knit team so will need to be a 'team player' but also have the ability to work autonomously
- Working with technical, quality, finance teams
- Behavioural skills are critical for the role and must be meticulous in way of working
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- A self-motivator with good organisational skills
- Consistently demonstrates compliance with company processes and practices and supports others to do so
- Has the confidence to make a decision based on the information they have or after consultation with others
- Explores requirements with practical solutions for customers
- Effectively manages conflicting priorities within own role, adapting to changes in workload or business priorities
- Presents well structured, concise and clear written and verbal communications
- Improves the way they and the team work and/ or behaviours including proposing improvements to departmental policy, procedures and systems/processes
If you feel that you can demonstrate the necessary Commercial Management experience as detailed above and would like to work for an established FTSE 100 organisation on a hugely varied portfolio then I would like to hear from you.
Please apply on line or send your CV to Simon James on