Job Title - Senior Commercial Manager
Location - London
Rates - £461.34 Umbrella/Ltd or £411.65 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Urgent cover is required to support in closing the final accounts for CP5 within the Digital Railway part of the business. An essential part of this role is that the successful candidate will have a solid understanding of Oracle systems.
What you will do:
- Establish and implement appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management and provide feedback into subsequent procurement processes.
- Provide commercial management of framework agreements and supporting contracts leading the commercial review of contractor delivery, attending valuation and progress meetings as necessary.
- Initiate estimating and risk and value management of projects in a timely manner during the project life-cycle, recommending appropriate mitigating actions on commercial/risk events at the earliest opportunity.
- Lead the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participate in the associated Quantitative Risk Assessment and Value Management Workshops.
- Monitor and manage all project reporting such that it is accurately maintained and recorded in accordance with company reporting systems. Explain all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Commercial Director, proposing mitigating actions at the earliest opportunity.
Your experience will include:
- Knowledge of railway and construction industry conditions of contract
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and professional qualification
- Experienced negotiator
- Experience of resolution of construction contract disputes
- 5 years' relevant railway and/or construction experience
- Knowledge of railway commercial contract management
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'