Job Title - Senior Commercial Manager
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - £395.43 Umbrella/Ltd or £352.84 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Responsible for all the post contract commercial contract management and support pre-contract activity of all frameworks and contracts related to the programme of works.
What you will do:
- Responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management and providing feedback into subsequent procurement processes.
- Responsible for the commercial management of framework agreements and supporting contracts leading the commercial review of contractor delivery, attending valuation & progress meetings as necessary.
- Initiate estimating and risk & value management of projects in a timely manner during the project life-cycle, recommending appropriate mitigating actions on commercial/risk events at the earliest opportunity.
- Lead the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participate in the associated Quantitative Risk Assessment and Value Management Workshops.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing all project reporting such that it is accurately maintained and recorded in accordance with company reporting systems. Explain all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Finance & Commercial Director [Region] / Programme Commercial Manager/Programme Director, proposing mitigating actions at the earliest opportunity.
- Lead and deploy the commercial team in the management of all live projects ensuring they are adequately resourced from a commercial perspective.
- Provide pro-active expertise, advice and governance on all contract/scope changes in accordance with change control systems, recommending or authorising appropriate action within delegated authority and progressing the timely resolution of contract variations.
- Identify emerging problems, report contractual claims & support in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in conjunction with Regional/Functional management as appropriate.
- Lead the final account settlements on all projects to manage close out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. Monitor all multi-year framework agreements, to agreement and reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
- Support demonstration of efficiencies and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis of completed projects and feedback as per Cost Allocation Feedback process.
- Support with pre and post contract procurement activities as appropriate acting as role model for commercial staff, providing coaching and development as appropriate.
Your experience will include:
- Knowledge of railway and construction industry conditions of contract.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and professional qualification.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Experience of resolution of construction contract disputes
- 5 years' relevant railway and/or construction experience.
- Knowledge of railway commercial contract management.
- Experience of managing and developing a team of staff.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of contractor's accounts.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="671"><tb