A public-sector organisation based in Birmingham are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager on a permanent basis. This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent acquisitions. The Senior Commercial Manager will sit in the purchasing department and will be responsible for the providing strategic direction to the business. This is a very broad role and will offer excellent opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set and work at a senior level within this rapidly expanding organisation.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within indirect procurement and contract management, as Commercial Manager, Commercial Director, Contract Manager, Contract Director or Procurement Manager and be keen to progress in their career. You must also have experience working at a strategic level.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Manager include:
- You will be accountable for the Contract Management team, so must have management experience including professional development, mentoring and coaching
- Management of over 250 contracts
- Analysis of risk
- Development of internal and external relationships
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Mentoring, training and development of staff
- Development of governance and best practise procedures
Person specification of the Senior Commercial Manager include:
- Experience of contract management at a strategic level
- CIPS and degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Team management experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job