Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London to name a few.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join our Arb Rail & Infrastructure team. This team work with Network Rail, Tier 1 contractors and other transport organisations, to primarily provide vegetation management and tree work services.
As our contracts and commercial expert, you will be responsible for a range of tasks, including reviewing contracts, identifying risks, making commercial recommendations, supporting through the whole "cradle to grave" contract life-cycle process and assisting in the resolution of any commercial disputes.
What you'll be doing:
- You will focus on embedding customer service as part of our Company culture, which will be delivered through your direct reports, by seeking to truly understand your clients' internal & external needs.
- You will exceed client’s expectations by delivering a quality service and by leveraging the strength of your team’s client relationships.
- You will assist in minimising the company’s exposure to financial, reputational, and statutory risk through the understanding of the risks that are included in the contracts.
- You will develop and own a series of reports / metrics / KPIs where they do not exist, or are lacking, to ensure continuous improvement.
- You will lead by example and support a healthier, safer and more sustainable working environment for all.
- You will lead the efforts to cross sell our services by analysing our existing clients and offering Ground Control's additional services to meet our clients' needs.
- You will recruit for people that align with our values and will develop training and succession plans for the team.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive basic salaries, twice yearly bonus and a wide-ranging benefits programme, inspiring you to realise your full potential:
Benefits and Perks:
- Ranked 62nd in 'The UK's 100 Best Large Companies to Work For 2021’.
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support 'The Race at Work Charter’, 'Ban the Box’, 'The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are 'Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression.
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days.
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet and being carbon neutral.
- Free gym access.
- Nursery Vouchers.
- Cycle to work, Travel loans.
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app.
- Share Options, 2 x salary Death in Service cover.
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a commercial manager position, where you have gained demonstrable experience of understanding and pre-empting contractual complexities.
- Strong client management skills, where you have showcased the ability to develop effective relationships, manage expectations and quickly resolve disputes.
- Experience of spotting new business opportunities and cross-selling services.
- Knowledge of NEC or JCT contracts.
- Strong reporting skills and the ability to interrogate complex data.
- The ability to manage a diverse, multi-skilled team with the ability to empower and engage at a high level.
- A background in rail, construction, oil & gas, water or utilities would be advantageous.
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Join us to make a difference!
- Contract Management
- Contract Requirements
- NEC Contracts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'