Reporting into the Commercial Director, we are seeking a Senior Commercial Manager with responsibility for their Corporate Services Strategy (London only). You will lead an ambitious, commercial team, delivering an effective category led end to end procurement services for all corporate spend across the organisation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing an effective category led procurement team covering all procurement activity for a defined set of categories on behalf of the entire organisation to drive maximum sustainable benefit and efficiencies;
- Ensuring that all resources are commercially focussed on delivering sustainable, innovative procurement solutions, in full compliance with relevant UK and EU legislation;
- Ensuring that all procurement activities are conducted in a professional manner to minimise the risk of any supplier challenge and that all relevant procurement templates are used to ensure a professional and consistent approach the team;
- Supporting the Commercial Director in building and developing a reputation for the Commercial function as the Centre of excellence for Procurement activity by identifying and delivering against an agreed savings programme;
- Ensuring that category management principles are embedded across the defined set of categories.
To succeed, you will be MCIPS qualified with significant experience, and excellent knowledge of leading procurement or a category within a large, complex organisation ideally within the public sector,or exposed to. You will have high standards with experience of ensuring best-practice commercial principles, processes and practices are in place including robust and thorough category management deployment. For all roles, candidates must have strong stakeholder engagement skills and be tenacious and excited by the scale of transformation to which you and your team will contribute