Iconic International High Street Fashion Retailer is looking to hire a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to join their team based in Central London.
The role supports the Head of Finance in providing commercial finance and FP&A support across the European business. It will suit a recently qualified accountant who is looking to develop their career in a dynamic, fashion-forward retail business. The role has varied scope and you will become an active partner in championing financial & business discipline across the whole organisation. Delivering the right information, at the right time, to the right people, so they can make the right business decision is the key concept to this department, all with a profit-centric mind-set.
The role will involve more hands on elements, such as data entry, daily sales forecasting, and building out presentations etc - so you must be flexible and patient, diligently working in the detail, with high accuracy and efficiency. This coupled with a pro-active and naturally inquisitive nature, with an analytical, finance, and business centric ethos, and an ability to adapt and grow with the role and team as your experience develops. A keen & quick eye - both to detail / data integrity, as well as an ability to spot the wider story is vital - thus must be at ease with large volumes of complex data, across multiple systems and still be able to summarise coherently and accurately to a wide audience.
The role will suit an individual who has high integrity, a business focused individual, who has a positive 'can do’ attitude and has the flexibility, plus willingness to adapt to varying complex workloads & sometimes ambiguous demands and time-line. Importantly, an individual who aspires to excel and delight their customers, the brand teams.
1) Finance Leadership / Partnership
- Be an active partner to the Head of Finance, and rest of the organisation driving EU business & financial performance, by developing a profit-centric culture
- Champion financial discipline across all areas and levels across the business
- Champion process, work practice enhancements, by constantly challenging how we work, looking to improve as we scale the role & organisation to ensure that we can spend more time on adding value
2) Business Partnering
- Work closely within the commercial teams to consider the needs across the entire organisations, and prioritise attention and support as appropriate, to best maximise usage of time & impact to the business
- Continue to develop Brand Finance as the finance point of contact, a valued partner across the business on all financial matters related to the European market
- Build relationships with non-finance teams to develop an understanding of their respective business areas, and consider how finance can better support their needs and aspirations
3) Profit and Loss Accounts / Profit Ownership
- Support ownership of the profit and loss accounts, across retail & direct channel
- Working under the direction of the Head of Finance, develop a detailed understanding of all the profit and loss line(s), and the root drivers of each spend/revenue line
- Support the delivery of robust month-end process, working closely with the shared accounts team
4) Forecasting, Planning & Analytics
- Support the Head of Finance, to complete the monthly forecast & analytics process,
- Completion of cost centre packs, monthly business deck and various month-end ad hoc analysis
- Support delivering the budget process,
5) Ad Hoc / General / Other
- Ad hoc support as appropriate when required & able to deputise as/when required
- Develop financial models & analyses to support initiatives - whether that be promotional activity reviews, ROI analysis on new infrastructure initiatives, delivery analysis, etc.
You will be recently qualified,ideally with some retail fashion background/experience - whether that be operational based, accounting or audit background. You will be highly intelligent, and able to translate financial information to non-finance teams. Strong communication skills, self-motivated; and a naturally curious and engaging individual.
On offer is a competitive package including a great bonus scheme; central London location and the opportunity to work in a highly profitable, fast paced environment.
- Commercial Finance
- Financial Analysis
- Month End Close
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job