Are you an experienced Commercial Claims Handler looking for a new opportunity?
Senior Claims Handler
Location - New Malden
Salary £42,000 DOE + Pension and other Benefits
Our client is a leading National Broker which has grown significantly through Organic Growth from New business and renewal of existing clients. They are now looking for claims handler to add to compliment this Growing brokerage.
- Process claims under delegated authority schemes in accordance with requirements of insurers and Claims Manager
- Preparation of accurate claim statistics and analysis to assist the client servicing team to review/evaluate trends and assist in Risk Management issues for nominated accounts
- Ensure that insurers and their representatives afford clients an appropriate quality of service within appropriate timescales
- Inform insurers of claims / circumstances as soon as possible after they are notified to us and in accordance with latest judicial regulations
- Consider whether applied reserves are realistic
- Negotiate settlement proposals with insurers to the best interest of the client
- Provide claims advice to clients, managing expectations from the outset and ensuring that they are kept informed and advised of necessary developments
- Ensuring the clients are aware of appropriate deductions e.g policy excess
- Liaise with client servicing team where claims have been or are likely to be declined
- Warning of any difficulties experienced with a client
- Providing accurate claims information and appreciate the impact of claims experience on the placement of cover
- Ensuring that the claims database is maintained
- Ensuring electronic files accurate and up-to-date
- Maintaining effective diary system
Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for an experienced Claims Handler with a strong background within Commercial Claims gained from a Broker Background and ideally with knowledge of commercial liability, material damage and business interruption claims
- A good knowledge of Excel is essential (V-Look Ups/pivot tables etc.) as well as a high level of communication skills and ability to manage your own workload
For the opportunity to work for an outstanding Independent Broker please complete the online application and a consultant from Cameron James will be in contact with you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"