Can you find and solve problems we haven't discovered yet?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon’s EMEA Revenue Management team is looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join the team. This high profile role covers all three lines of Groupon’s business in Europe & The Middle East (Local, Goods and Travel).
You’ll be providing thought leadership and analysis on Groupon’s order discount strategy across the region, determining the efficacy of email campaigns and helping us launch a dynamic pricing system for our local offerings in 2018. This is a dynamic role, encompassing elements of product management, analytics, merchandising and project management with the ability to have a significant impact on the business.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will collect, analyze, and evaluate data to track project performance and important developments; Synthesize raw data into digestible and actionable information
- Develop economic models to inform Executive thinking around new products and initiatives
- Provide quarterly order discount guidelines for all lines of business across international markets
- Develop and maintain the merchandising rate card in partnership with sales teams
- Configure, launch and maintain ILS - Groupon’s dynamic pricing tool for all international markets
- Ad-hoc analysis as required, in order to support Groupon EMEA’s merchandising strategies
- You will be the EMEA point of contact with US product teams for Groupon’s merchandising platform algorithms
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in finance, consulting, or other equally rigorous and quantitative positions
- Ability to work, negotiate with and influence senior partners
- A committed focus to data-driven decision-making
- You are able to convey complex information to a broad audience either by email, chat, phone or slide show
- You have experience working with and influencing decision-makers and executive leadership in the past
- You're a creative problem solver who identify problems unilaterally and recommend effective plans of action
- You're able to work independently, take initiative, and remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
- You get excited by working with data, measuring performance, and making objective decisions based on quantitative and/or deductive reasoning
- Basic SQL and Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience in fast-paced e-commerce environments
- Educated to degree level
- Commercial pricing experience is highly preferred
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Advanced Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job