The Senior Commercial Analyst is a key member of the Gaming team, providing analytical support to the Managing Director and senior members of the team across all disciplines. The role holder will work closely with key stakeholders across the brand team in order to constantly analyse the success of the Gala brands and all marketing activity. The primary purpose will be to drive insight and profitability; support the budgeting, planning and reforecasting processes by identifying and modelling key business drivers, trends and KPIs for Gaming Brands.
The role holder will work extremely closely with the MD Sports Brands to establish and effectively deliver the reporting/commercial agenda and will often act as an Executive Assistant in key commercial and trading forums.
You will provide detailed analytical commercial support for promotional ROI, trends, bonus housekeeping, monitoring player activity, targeting spend and resources. The main purpose of the role is to support in increasing player activity.
The Senior Commercial Analyst will work within the Gaming Brands team and will report to the Head of Customer Experience and Analytics.
- Provide analytical support and information for all brand activity including drawing conclusions and making recommendations that will support the delivery of the Strategy and delivery of KPIs
- Produce weekly and monthly reports or decks for each aspect of the business -Bingo, Casino, Spins, VIP, CRM, Acquisition & Marketing- as well as Business Review materials, ad-hoc presentations
- Provide detailed segmentation for different VIP tiers, monitor player performance and report findings to the team with recommendations and trending data to support the recommendations
- Drive quality commercial analysis on key customer life stages from acquisition, conversion, in life, churn and reactivation campaigns.
- Support analytical and reporting requirements for specific campaigns from other departments including Customer Experience, Acquisition and CRM teams.
- Focus on increasing levels of automation for reporting through Power BI and maintain these key reports
- Optimise churn prevention identification and models including suggestions for change and possible risks
- Work closely with Gaming Brands teams to maximise promotional activity across all platforms and channels providing best practice thought through data to support the activity
- Work with BI team to extract data and build reports and to develop tools, models and processes that improve the analytical capabilities of the team, and the effectiveness and insight generated by financial analysis.
- Support the strategy and delivery of the teams by modelling new opportunities or initiatives proposed by the teams to determine whether an appropriate ROI will be generated
- Undertake tracking and analysis of new projects or initiatives to ensure that they are delivering against key measures of success. Ensure all variances are clearly understood and explained
- Support and feed into the financial planning processes by identifying and modelling key business drivers, trends and KPI’s
- Build influential working relationships with Senior Leaders and key contacts in order make comprehensive recommendations to the business and drive business needs
- Develop strong relationships with other divisional analysts in order to share knowledge, ideas and best practice
- Communicate and interact with other members of the brand team providing support with tools and providing training where required.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Degree level education or equivalent an advantage but practical hands-on experience more important
- Advanced data processing, presentation and analytical skills
- Data mining/advanced analytics or BI experience an advantage
- Professional Finance qualifications an advantage
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Advanced Excel and systems skills -SQL desirable and experience with databases and dashboards essential
- Excellent modelling and analytical skills essential with strong commercial awareness of how to monetise VIPs
- Previous experience in undertaking a wide variety of commercial analysis within the Gaming industry or e-commerce business sector
- Good knowledge of sports and/or gaming activity
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to present data/insight concisely at Exec/Board level and through departmental and 1:1 meetings
- Ability to manage and manipulate large volumes of data, tasks and drivers with ease
- Proactive in looking for opportunities to drive improvements with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage a busy workload, good at working under time pressure
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with staff at all levels
- Good written communications skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Experience
- Gaming Industry
- maternity cover
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job