Account Handler - Commercial Insurance - Eastleigh - Permanent
A leading insurance broker is currently looking for a Senior Account Handler for their offices in Eastleigh.
The broker specialise in saving time by providing price competitive quotes with cover specific to their clients demands and needs. Their aim is to reduce stress and provide the right protection at the right price. They pride themselves on having a high client retention rate and access to a wide variety of covers.
Primarily you will be responsible for providing a quality service in support of the account in order to obtain optimum account retention and growth via account management, broking and technical support. This will be a fast paced position within a forward thinking and friendly office.
- Prepare documentation for new customers in relation to their insurance requirements in partnership with Account Executives
- Obtain renewal terms for customers and identify potential alternative quotations before producing presentations for discussions with customers
- Document preparation in relation to renewals and mid-term adjustments in partnership with Account Executives / Managers
- Under supervision, prepare renewal closings from renewal meeting minutes and ensure cover bound by renewal date
- Assist with customer queries relating to existing policies and liaise with insurers regarding potential changes and new terms for policies
- Prepare debit notes and policy summaries
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns to account managers in a timely manner
You will need a good knowledge of a wide range of general insurance products, services and an understanding of underlying legal principles and practices relating to risk. Essential will be previous and recent experience of working within the insurance broking/intermediary industry