Science Solutions are currently recruiting for a Colour Cosmetic Development Chemist for a manufacturer of Personal care and cosmetic products based in Wiltshire.
- Develop and maintain good strong and reliable relationships with key customer contacts and raw material suppliers as the main technical contact.
- Having a total understanding of how laboratory methods of manufacture will be reproduced in the process environment, ensuring that laboratory methods are reliable, reproducible and efficient for purpose
- Develop products to meet the needs of the customer/consumer/business matching benchmark performance, claims, critical path and all relevant requirements.
- Ensuring accurate detailed records of product development are kept in order that products can easily be traced and monitored
- Managing stability, user trials, challenge tests, claim substantiation and all required external testing including potential third party data.
- Working closely with operations team identifying and actioning methods of improving manufacturing efficiency and responsible for the pilots and first production batches.
- Be familiar and understand industry regulations and general legal/customer requirements.
- Investigating and solving production problems relating to product together with the relevant teams in QA, process and production.
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your line manager.
- Issuing all required data information for PIP/customer specification to the NPD schedule to the Technical Information Officer.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 1+ years experience in development of colour cosmetic products is essential
- BSc in Chemistry or related subject or SCS diploma
- personal care
- colour cosmetics