Senior Colour Cosmetic Chemist
I am currently recruiting for a permanent Senior Colour Cosmetic Chemist to join a leading cosmetic manufacturer based in the South West of England offering a competitive salary and benefits.
This role will involve working on a full range of colour cosmetic products and responsible for managing two Chemists.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop products to meet customer and business requirements in line with critical paths and R & D budgets. Able to formulate technically challenging products.
* Understand global cosmetics regulations and compliance issues, industry regulations and all legal/customer requirements. Ensure that formulated products conform to these requirements.
* Have a good understanding of product development and the importance of accuracy in costing. Assist in the achievement of the R and D budget.
* The management, leadership, performance management, development of direct reports and deputising for manager in their absence
* Develop and maintain strong and reliable relationships with key customer and raw material supplier contacts, as their key technical contact within the company.
* Manage stability, user trials, challenge tests, claim substantiation and all required external testing, including potential third party data in line with agreed department budget
* Be responsible for pilot and 1st production batches. Ensure learnings from pilot batches are transferred to first production.
* BSc or equivalent in Science or related degree OR SCS Diploma
* 5 years or more in formulation and development of colour cosmetic products is crucial
* Supervisory or management experience
* Extensive knowledge of the cosmetic industry and regulations
If you are an experience Colour Cosmetic Chemist and you fit the requirements then please don't hesitate to apply now!!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- ("colour cosmetic chemist" or "formulation scientist" or "development chemist" or technologist) and ("colour cosmetics" or foundation or lipstick or l