Position: Senior Clinical Project Manager / Project Director – Ophthalmology
Location: United Kingdom
Company: Exciting Growing Organisation
Direct Reports: Clinical Trial Associate
Salary: £80,000 – £100,000 + UK benefits
Deadline: 10th April 2018
Following a successful meeting in London, my team and I are now in partnership with a fantastic small growing CRO that are looking to expand their European Clinical Operations department. Our client currently has a presence in the US, they are now at the stage in their development where they are looking to bring on board an experienced professional. With Europe currently being managed by the Senior Director of Clinical Operations based in the USA, this is the perfect opportunity for a Senior Clinical Project Manager / Project Director to progress in their career. Although one of the successful candidate’s responsibilities is to manage large global project & programs, they will be given the opportunity to slowly but surely help build, lead and develop the European team.
The goal of the Senior Clinical Project Manager / Project Director in Europe is to drive developmental and clinical research projects utilizing best practices in order to ensure budgets, timelines and performance requirements are met. The CPM will manage multiple projects ranging in size and complexity with minimal interaction from the Sr. Director of Clinical Operations. The role requires active involvement to meet schedules or resolve problems or conflicts, and entails frequent interaction with subordinates, outside customers, functional peer groups at various management levels and senior management. The successful candidate may oversee less experienced Clinical Project Managers, CTAs and other office staff for our client’s brand new office in London.
Responsibilities (please request full Job Description to see all details)
- Manages cross functional project teams derived from the groups within clinical development to deliver a high quality clinical trial(s).
- Drives all aspects of the project management process from initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.
- Reviews study-related materials created by the Monitoring and Data Management Groups (e.g. study training manuals, monitoring plan, data management plan, Statistical Analysis Plan).
- Responsible for periodic (weekly, or as needed) clinical trial team meetings both internal and with the Sponsor.
- Informs all functional leads of deliverables and timeline, project developments and insures completion according to timelines. Ensures all respective study functional leads provide deliverables on time (e.g. query generation and resolution, data base lock, study report).
- Manage and coordinate all vendors involved in the clinical trials, e.g. central labs, reading centre
- Highly effective organizational and communication skills.
- Proven Clinical Project Management experience in a CRO/Pharma within the Ophthalmology area
- Demonstrated expertise of EMA, FDA and GCP regulatory requirements required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to solve problems proactively.
- Travel of up to 30% is required (mainly domestic)
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to plan, identify risks, anticipate issues and outcomes and respond strategically, tactically and operationally while balancing short-term and long-term company objectives.
For more information about the position or company, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.
Barrington James is a uniquely successful specialist life science recruitment company and has recently been recognised as a BEST COMPANY To Work For by the Sunday Times. It has enjoyed an exceptional growth trajectory since its launch in 2002, and is now established in the heartlands of the international pharma, medical devices and healthcare industry with consultant staff already approaching 140, and planned to be 180 by the end of 2017.
Recruitment companies succeed by matching the specific needs of clients with the true capabilities of candidates. We believe there are 2 reasons for our outstanding performance over the past decade, which benefit our clients and our candidates equally; People & Knowledge Barrington James’ exceptional people and their depth of experience are ready to work for you, now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job