BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is for a new service, so will require some project management skills in the first instance and then to lead the service.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Post graduate clinical diploma in clinical pharmacy (hospital) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years registration & 2 years within a hospital environment.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within a BMI hospital.
- Supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers, supervising the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines.
- To supervise junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service, and where necessary to assume responsibility for specialist clinical service.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To facilitate the daily running of the pharmacy department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers.
- Provide clinical input with respect to medicines to all patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s multidisciplinary team.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'