BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This role will provide clinical pharmacy leadership to the hospital and pharmacy department supervising all rotas, clinical audits, training programmes, oncology pharmacy services and ward based services.
The role will include acting as a deputy for the Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Senior Hospital Pharmacy Experience Essential
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Post graduate clinical diploma in clinical pharmacy (hospital) or equivalent experience
- Provision of a clinical pharmacy service to a relevant clinical speciality.
- Recent experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicine management in a hospital setting.
- Good organisational and planning skills - able to plan and organise straightforward tasks and programmes, and ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock.
- Attention to detail
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within a BMI hospital.
- Supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers, supervising the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines.
- To supervise junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service, and where necessary to assume responsibility for specialist clinical service.
- Provide clinical input with respect to medicines to all patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s multidisciplinary team
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.