Huntswood, a Best Companies Employer, is the UK's leading specialist resourcing and consultancy firm focused on governance, risk and compliance in the areas of regulatory conduct and financial crime.
We are recruiting for a Senior Client Partner to join our growing Sales team. The role is based in Reading, Berkshire with UK travel/assignments.
Salary up to £80,000 per annum.Role purpose
A senior client partner's (SCP) primary role is to ensure they and their sector deliver on new business targets, act as a trusted business adviser to our clients (current and potential), and be seen as an ambassador for Huntswood at all times.
SCPs are expected to fulfil the role of a client partner, with the added responsibility of delivering new business goals and supporting the execution of Huntswood's strategy within the sector that they lead. They are expected to oversee Huntswood's sales performance within their sector, including the virtual and / or line management of account management and sales pursuit teams.
Working closely with the Head of Business Development, wider CCO teams and Business Unit MD's, SCPs play a key role in informing and implementing the sales strategy for our core sectors. They play a pivotal role providing feedback on the performance of our sales team, market need and client perception.
A SCP needs to have an in-depth knowledge of contemporary and upcoming market opportunities within their specified sector coupled with expertise of Huntswood's core service offerings and therefore be able to confidently and competently explore business generation opportunities with clients.Job description
- Responsible for delivering on new business development targets within the sector that the SCP leads
- Lead and develop account and sales pursuit teams to achieve significant business development opportunities and clear goals aligned to our core accounts.
- Manage and develop Client Partners through formal 1:1's, coaching and development
- Collaborate with the wider CCO function and each iof the Business Units to support a range of business development activities, such as marketing plans by Sector, sales campaigns, support collateral development, event and hospitability planning
- To develop new business for Huntswood through well qualified client meetings and a robust understanding of their needs.
- Client meetings will form a large part of the role, so it is critical that these are used as a platform for on-going relationship building and subsequent business winning opportunities.
- Strategy and account planning - having a clearly defined marketing and sales strategy aligned to market issues and Huntswood's core offering; accompanied by a sector plan with structured account plans and contact strategy. Account plans need to be in place for all key clients with focused intelligence and strategies deployed to win new business.
- Team Player - the SCP must be seen as a trusted business adviser both externally with clients but also internally, in particular fostering strong relationships with the rest of the marketing, business development and wider delivery teams. The wider CCO function will provide qualified leads and it is incumbent upon the SCP to ensure that this intelligence is acted upon in order to drive new business.
- Preparation- proactively research the client company, industry issues and individual prior to the meeting to ensure that the meeting is as productive as possible.
- Knowledge- have a comprehensive understanding of every part of Huntswood and be able to discuss case studies that give examples of the work completed by each function.
- All meetings must be recorded using the CRM database and key points should be shared through the relevant part of the business. The outputs of this must be pro-actively shared to ensure qualified intelligence is fed back in to the marketing and sales cycle.
- Relationship building - facilitating further meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Be seen as a pro-active employee only focused on driving the business of Huntswood forward, developing new business and putting the interests of the team first.
- Lead the lifecycle of high profile opportunities - supporting the Commercial, Business Unit Leads and pitch teams to produce high quality, compelling proposal / tender documents and client presentations.
- Drive business improvements internally and contribute actively to the Marketing & Business Development strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in the Life, Pensions, Investments and Wealth Management sectors would be great.
- A genuine desire to develop and manage others, and to manage virtual teams
- Team player, able to put the interest of the team first
- Can evidence sales success linked to relationships at all levels (Head of, D Level & CXO) from key accounts.
- Excellent business acumen with a track record in B2B solution selling,
- Ability to spot market opportunities and turn these into profitable revenue
- Effective planning and structured working towards agreed objectives
- Self-starter, motivated by targets with a willingness to travel
- An enquiring mind, with a keenness to research and understand market trends
- Experience of managing remote teams
- Knowledge and experience of working within the regulated financial services, utilities, telecommunications or travel sectors
- Development and execution of sales strategy including identification of market issue, market size, capability assessment and route to market
Huntswood employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."