Senior Claims Analyst
Hastings Direct are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with within the insurance market, and we put our growth down to being agile, fast moving and being passionate about data and analytics.
The purpose of the role is to provide analytical insight on claims and counter-fraud performance, thereby enabling the business to deliver competitive prices to customers and achieve our vision of 1 in 10 by 2020.
To achieve this you will be proactive in identifying opportunities and solving these through a combination of quantitative analysis and business insight. You will be confident in building networks throughout the business, liaising at a senior level, and driving change.
You will have an ability to develop intelligent hypotheses and use structured thinking to break problems down. You will also be confident using various analytical methods to deliver your work, accepting challenge from senior stakeholders and promoting analytical excellence within the team.
An inquisitive nature, coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential for the role.
Within this role you will:
- Identify opportunities to reduce operational and indemnity spend. Create proposals and recommendations
- Deliver regular management information with actionable insight
- Identify and report on trends in performance across Claims and Counter fraud
- Provide ad hoc information and insight to internal stakeholders
- Help to build analytical capability within the team
In order to excel in this role you will need:
- Education to degree level (preferably mathematically based)
- At least three years' experience within an analytical role (preferably within insurance or the financial services sector)
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, with a genuine passion for data
- The ability to drive forward projects and structure the journey to ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- The capability and desire to build strong networks throughout the business, acting as an advocate for the team and department
- Excellent attention to detail
- A highly competitive salary and an attractive benefits package
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job