Senior Civil/Structural Engineer required for a multi-office engineering consultancy.
Your new company
The organisation you will be working for is a multi-disciplined consultancy, specialising in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, CDM, sustainability & BREEAM and traffic and transport engineering. The sectors the company works within include; residential, rail, educational, highways and industrial plus more.
The company has offices based in Bedford, London and Winchester and is well established. The organisation takes pride in retaining its employees therefore it is essential that you have the determination to make this opportunity a career long move.
Your new role
In your new role you will work alongside a very experienced team of Civil & Structural Engineers. You will gain the chance to further and develop your Structural Engineering skills and expertise.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- engineering analysis and preparation of project calculations
- proficient in relevant technical analysis and design software
- preparing drawings in AutoCAD & Revit
- manage projects from inception to completion
- Client, contractor and fellow colleague liaising
- Mentor and train junior / graduate members of your team
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and particularly the team leader and design team.
What you'll need to succeed
In your new role you will need to have an HND/HNC/BEng/BSc/MEng or MSc qualification relevant to the Civil & Structural Engineering industry. You will also need to either be CEng or IEng status or 4+ years experience working towards these statuses.
Further to the above there are some other key requirements to be successful in applying for this position:
- keenness to undertake training in and out of office hours to achieve CEng status (if required)
- flexible working attitude and team player mentality
- quality communication and interpersonal skills
- analytical and organisational skills
- IT proficient - high level
- able to cope under pressure
- Be proactive to work and show initiative
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards
- ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil / Structural environment
- Be well presented and on time
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive the training and mentoring to propel your enigneering skills and expertise further and pursue the highest level possible within the company. You will also receive a competitive salary paying at the market rate in the area, the organisation also offers excellent company benefits; bonus and salary review schemes, training in and out of office, pension scheme and flexi-time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job