Senior Civil Engineer - Bristol
The railway sector is one of our core markets, a position it has held throughout our history. We pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.
Our Civil Design Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The new schemes are diverse and technically complicated and include London Bridge Station Regeneration, Crossrail, Bank Station Regeneration, Exeter to Newton Abbot Rail Resilience Scheme and Old Oak Common Rail Systems Project.
We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK’s most prestigious and challenging schemes and we are currently working on behalf of Network Rail, Rail Operating Companies and Contractors throughout the UK on Grip 2 to 8 stages of major infrastructure projects and frameworks, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client’s needs.
There are also opportunities to work in a variety of sectors such as housing & development, local authority, building structures and education.
We are seeking to locate a career minded Civil Engineer to support the expanding rail design team in Bristol working on a variety of on-going design projects within railway and other sectors. The role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in civil engineering
• Achieved Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent
• You will have a gained substantial civil / structural design experience ideally within the rail sector and in a consultancy environment
• Have previous relevant experience including supervision of elements of large, complex projects
• Chartered Engineer status with ICE or IStructE
• Working in a project management role, typically have relevant project management experience
• Experience preparing design deliverables using civil engineering design software packages
• You will be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
• An aptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated with projects delivered in a Common Data Environment
• You will possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
• You will be flexible to travel throughout the UK
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisation skills
• Manage engineering activities that contribute to sustainable development
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader / Associate Director within the Civil Design Team, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging designs. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning and develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
• Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
• Designing in 3D modelling environments such as AECOSim, Revit and Civil 3D
• Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
• Participating in the resolution of technical issues
• Attending site to complete surveys in a rail environment
• Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
• Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
• Building relationships with Clients on projects
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
What We Offer
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as: Highly competitive salary Pension matched to 8% Healthcare Life Assurance Income Protection Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid Tax Free Season Ticket Loan Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave, Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'