Senior Chemist (Polymers/Polymerisation) c£Competitive + Bonus +Benefits
South East AB/J3996
South East AB/J3996
A Senior Chemist with an experienced background in Polymers R&D, is urgently required to join an expanding team based at a new technical centre. This is an excellent career opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment where you have the opportunity to make a material difference to the future of the business.
As a Senior Chemist R&D you will work with internal Scientists, Technical Service colleagues and external contacts to deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to our customers. You will use your understanding of current application needs to develop solutions or improvements to our existing products as well as supporting new product programmes.
- Actively support the SHE principles and drive day-to-day lab safety, particularly around the handling and use of reactive reagents and flammable solvents.
- Plan, deliver and administer customer focussed R&D projects to develop prototypes and products for launch to market.
- Understand the fundamental chemistry of processes worked on including process and scale up risk and be able to facilitate the transfer of prototypes to production scale.
- To make recommendations for new development projects in consultation with Technical Managers and Commercial colleagues.
- Be able to provide expert support to Operations, Commercial and Customers related to the chemistry, processing and application of products.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree , MSc or PhD (preferable connected to polymerisation) Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, or a related subject
- Extensive experience in a R&D environment, preferably in a polymer, emulsions, plastics or composites related field or R&D environment.
- Experience of research related to Polymer Science.
- An understanding of colloid stabilisation and suspension polymer manufacture would be an advantage
- An understanding of adhesives composites coatings and/or polymer modification/testing would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of market driven product development, proven experience of understanding customer needs and a strong technical pedigree to translate ideas into products
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J3996 on
- Polymer Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'