Senior Chemist/ Product Innovation (Polymers/Polymerisation) South East
Senior Chemist/ Product Innovation (Polymers/Polymerisation) £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
South East AB/J3513
A Senior Chemist with an experienced background in Polymers R&D, is urgently required to join an expanding team based at a new technical centre. This is an excellent career opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment where you have the opportunity to make a material difference to the future of the business. Working closely with Business Development and R&D teams as an experienced chemist you help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to our customers. You will coordinate technical work programs associated with complex innovation projects, e.g., involving new technology or cross-functional approach, with responsibility for project management and delivery of objectives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team internally and are expected to develop an external network. As a senior chemist have a small number (up to 4) direct reports.
- Identify business opportunity gaps and build objective business cases for new development projects in consultation with Technical and Commercial colleagues.
- Help drive ideas generation and concept assessment to ensure the value proposition meets the business needs.
- Coordinates technical work programs associated with multiple complex projects with responsibility for delivery of objectives.
- Provide expert support to Operations, Customers and R&D related to the chemistry, processing and applications of products.
- To have comprehensive understanding of company technologies, products & applications with a view to developing new growth opportunities.
- Uses all available systems efficiently and effectively for achieving work program objectives and identifying synergy opportunities.
- Develops and implements a wide range of creative and innovative approaches and ideas.
- Develops and maintains a detailed technical knowledge across a range of technologies.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently and manages multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish targets.
- Builds constructive and effective internal and external networks.
- Lead and manage direct reports to ensure a high quality of day-to-day work output (if applicable)
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree , MSc or PhD (preferable connected to polymerisation) Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, or a related subject
- Extensive experience in a R&D environment, preferably in a polymer or composites related field.
- Experience of research related to Polymer Science.
- Experience in the oil/ petrochemicals field would be an advantage
- An understanding of adhesives composites coatings and/or polymer modification/testing would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of market driven product development, proven experience of understanding customer needs and a strong technical pedigree to translate ideas into products
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J3513 on
- Oil Gas
- Polymer Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'