Senior Chemical Operator - South Lanarkshire - Up to £32,000 DOE - Shift work
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Chemical Operator to operate the plant in a consistent manner, to the set parameters, to achieve optimum process efficiency, high quality and ensure low production costs. They will carry out process inspection and basic in process quality checks and provide concise reports and handovers, to ensure continued smooth operation.
- Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained, looking out for coworkers’ safety and challenging unsafe acts.
- Ensure the operation of the plant systems remains within the environmental operating limits.
- Operating the Plant to the set process parameters and providing precise and clear log reports for shift handover and day shift departments as set out.
- Monitoring KPIs and optimizing the process within the parameters set.
- Informing Shift Leader of any deviations from process or quality targets implementing defined corrective actions and if necessary, contacting appropriate specialist (Process or Quality).
- Assessing any faults through the SCADA/DCS system, contacting shift support teams directly or through Shift Leader, depending on criticality and availability.
- Answer out of hours telephone calls, representing the company in a professional and considerate manner, logging all call details as per the company standards and informing Shift Leader.
- In the event of any plant emergency, understand and implement the emergency response plan.
- Undertake regular training to enhance skills and increase flexibility to operate all areas of the process.
- Carry out plant patrolling and process inspections across the main plant operating areas.
- Carry out basic quality assessments and testing such as PH, Moisture and pellet quality in line with the scope of training given.
- Take part in cross functional route cause analysis meetings for plant problems or failures.
- Coach and support trainees as and when required.
- Shift working - on average 50% in control room and process inspection.
- Provide sickness and absence cover when required
- Due to the nature of the role, additional hours will be required to meet business needs.
- Undertake all training required to fulfil required duties and improve skills sets.
- All other duties that may be reasonably required within the remit of the role.
- Safety Awareness
- Communication: written and verbal
- Problem Solving
- Team Working
- Computer literacy
- Understanding of basic activated carbon process
- Ability to read and interpret complex operating instructions
- Operational experience of SCADA and / or DCS system
- Production Operator experience or equivalent
- Secondary education qualification preferable in chemistry and maths.
As this position is working in a production lab environment and supporting 24/7 manufacturing operations, we are looking for someone with similar background e.g. food and drink industries. This position requires you to be flexible with working hours as it is 12 hour shift work (including night shift).
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Natalie McGeoch at HRC Recruitment using the apply online now link
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.