£20-22,000 (Neg) + company benefits
We are looking for an experienced Senior Chef to head up the kitchen at a busy in-house restaurant that serves the general public and an all fresh seasonal menu.
You will currently be working as a head chef, second chef, sous chef, or chef manager in similar fresh food cafes, restaurants, hotels, or commercial contract catering operations.
The menu is designed by the group head chef so you will follow recipe specs and you will have a free hand with daily specials.
You will need your own transport.
A massive bonus is that you will work straight day shifts only with alternate weekends off.
ROLE - SENIOR CHEF
As the Senior Chef you will:
- Prepare and cook the company menu to spec
- Control stock, labour, and budgets
- Manage wastage
- Train and develop your team
- Maintain legislation and compliance
- Work closely with the front of house team
- Work to company targets and KPIs'
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - SENIOR CHEF
- Experience as a senior/head/sous/second/chef manager in busy fresh food cafes, restaurants, hotels, or commercial contract catering operations
- Passion for working with fresh food
- A background cooking with spec menus and recipes
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- The ability to train, develop, and manage small teams
- An intrinsic understanding of relevant legislation & compliance
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Passion and drive to succeed
- IT literate - working with systems & process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader as they continue to expand.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job