Our client has an exciting opportunity within their highly talented and experienced art department for a Senior Character Artist.
You will be joining the team at the beginning of a project developing an established AAA Title for Consoles and PC platforms. Their passion is to develop immersive gameplay experiences driven by life-like, finely detailed characters. We are seeking an individual who is eager to join our character art team and help us push visual quality and character fidelity to the next level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create outstanding photorealistic character art under the direction of the Lead Character Artist and Art Director.
- Work closely with other members of the character art team to ensure a consistently high quality of output from the team as a whole.
- Ensure that all aspects of character art production are completed on budget, in time, and to a high standard.
- Create documentation and technical guides as required.
- Prototype new ideas and technologies as required.
- Work closely with the Concept Art and Animation teams to help ensure the quality of character production throughout the art pipeline.
- Work closely with the R&D team to improve workflow, resolve technical issues, and develop new technology as required.
- Assist in designing briefs and providing feedback for outsourced work.
- At least 5 years professional video game development experience.
- Ability to create high quality, game-ready, efficient, animation-friendly character assets.
- Strong understanding of Photoshop, ZBrush, and either Maya or 3ds Max.
- Understanding of the game art pipeline and non-destructive, iterative workflow.
- Strong understanding of the impact of lighting in a game engine.
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work well in a team.
- Willingness to receive and appropriately respond to critique from the Lead Character Artist, Art Director and others in the team.
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and help other team members to do the same.
- Strong interest in playing video games.
- Adaptable and versatile: a can-do attitude.
A portfolio is required which demonstrates the following:
- Photorealistic in-game character art created to a specification suitable for the current generation of gaming hardware.
- High-poly organic and hard surface modelling.
- Examples of high and low-poly clothing and drapery modelling.
- Efficient use of in-game geometry.
- Clear understanding of efficient UV layout.
- Strong texturing skills.
- Keen eye for detail, realism, composition and colour.
- In-depth understanding of human anatomy.
- Examples of photorealistic modelling, texturing and shading of in-game human faces.
- Working knowledge of PBR in a game art pipeline.
- Working knowledge and experience of Marvelous Designer.
- Previous experience of Unreal Engine 4.
- Ability to generate ideas and create Concept Art.
- Animation experience.
- 3D Studio Max
- Video Games
- concept artist