A Senior Category Manager responsible for procurement of Buildings, Facilities & Waste Management is required by one of the world's most recognisable FMCG brands, based at their European head office in Uxbridge.
The successful Senior Category Manager will join a globally recognised brand, responsible for Procurement across Northern Europe as part of a significantly sized regional organisation - with top line figures of 15 countries, 25,000 employees and more than 250 million consumers. The business is committed to providing a great working environment, opportunities for continued training & development and market-leading pay & reward schemes.
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for leading a team to develop and execute category strategies, with the main objectives to optimise procurement costs and processes as well as ensuring quality and security of supply for all materials and services purchased in the category. The successful candidate will take ownership of Buildings & Facilities and Waste Management,including all soft and hard FM and waste management Services. You will also be responsible for driving strategic projects through the supply base in support of corporate objectives.
The successful Category Manager will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Category-specific experience responsible for a combination of buildings management, facilities management and waste management services;
- Experience working across a complex geographical territory, interfacing with employees from a variety of cultural backgrounds and different working practices;
- Ideally degree-qualified and committed to continued personal development; member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply;
- Clear ability to think strategically, develops and executes category-relevant strategies;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills, demonstrates the ability to engage with colleagues across Europe;
- A second European language is an advantage but not essential.
The successful Senior Category Manager will receive a basic salary of up to £70,000 plus car allowance, 10% performance-related bonus, pension, healthcare and the opportunity to join a share scheme.
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including FMCG, manufacturing, facilities management & business services. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
- Commodity Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Category Manager