Senior Category Manager
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.5bn.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Category Manager who will develop a category business plan aligned to the overall strategy enabling targeted profitable growth, customer acquisitions and ROI, in addition to effective supplier management through deliver of the best in class offer for our customers.
You will deliver the best in class category offer across your portfolio ensuring leadership of the product category performance, delivering agreed KPI's for Sales revenue, Product Margin, Optimum inventory availability, value and health, digital product and supplier performance targets, NPI volume/value, product range growth by supplier and product segment and strategic supplier network share growth. You will work closely with Purchasing to ensure we are buying the right parts at the most advantageous commercial terms, providing optimal availability of the range, maximising availability and ensuring focus is also on excess inventory and product provision. You will work with Product Marketing to establish effectively targeted campaigns and Pricing to ensure specific resale initiatives are optimised.
The role has global responsibility requiring influence across many cultures and languages.
The role will require the job holder to travel extensively and work effectively whilst away from their regular office location.
- Successful track record in product/category management or related functional discipline
- Team leadership experience and people management skillset
- Business planning and execution capability across a product category
- A collaborative team player across a business with fast moving, customer driven markets
- Successful supplier relationship management
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of, and the ability to articulate, the RS Value Proposition
- Strong commercial acumen and broad communication skills
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- Coaching and motivational skillset
- Positive can do attitude, takes ownership and very results oriented
- Good influencing skills
- Marketing, purchasing and inventory control knowledge
- Operational problem solver and good process management capability
- People leadership and management experience
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Experience of working with an online digital toolset
- Understands the needs of engineers and buyers (our target customers)
- Experience of living and working outside of home country
- Ability to operate in a second language
About us as an employer
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company. In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job