We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Category Manager/Buyer to join our team.
This role will report into the Head of Category and will be responsible for the Beauty and Aromatherapy category management, marketing and merchandising across Holland & Barrett UK and Ireland.
- Develop and execute the category strategy and management of range, pricing and promotion.
- Ensure that the businesses’ relative position is strengthened by developing a strategic position and vision for the category.
- Lead the team to undertake on-going assessment of the competitive positioning of the category, understand market developments and customer insight analysis, validate pricing decisions, and best present the category experience through all channels.
- Develop show stopping new products alongside NPD department to capitalise on market trends, satisfy consumer demand and grow market share.
- Conduct full and thorough category range reviews using available resources and execute them on time across all channels.
- Work alongside the key proprietary brands to develop NPD and market leading business plans to drive market share is this highly competitive category.
- Responsible for a small team to include management of performance and development through objective setting and guidance.
- Previous retail Category / Buying Management experience essential.
- Experience in people management and indirectly influencing supporting functions.
- Proven track record of leadership, working independently and motivational skills.
- Previous track record of delivering successful sales and profit results through own personal direction.
- Creative thinking and the ability to inspire others to think outside of the box and change approach to get radically different results.
- A proven ability to create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Highly numerate and analytical with ability to draw meaningful conclusions from multiple data sets.
- Proven track record of strong negotiation skills.
- Extensive in using forecasting tools and techniques, ERP software solution and advanced user of all Microsoft Office tools.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
- People Management
- microsoft office
- creative thinking