Senior Category Development Manager - £multi-billion food manufacturer
Senior Category Development Manager - Food Manufacturing
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our £multi-billion, blue-chip food manufacturing client who is looking to recruit a Senior Category Development Manager reporting into the Head of Category. The successful candidate will work closely with the sales and marketing teams, assisting them in driving business growth strategies through the provision of key category analysis & insight, working specifically on top 4 multiple grocer accounts.
- To become a true category expert owning insight, driving the category strategy, supporting budget delivery and NPD implementation
- To deliver the category strategy customised to retailers and continuously embed the category strategy within category projects, whenever appropriate
- To support NPD initiatives with category and customer centric thinking and parameters, representing both the Sales team and customer perspectives on NPD projects
- To develop a strong category-based relationship with key grocery multiples by leading Category and Range review projects, including both brand & own label, developing optimum range, merchandising and promotional recommendations with the support of the Category team
- To unlock commercial growth opportunities for the category through the translation of market data into actionable insight and by developing unbiased category and range recommendations for our retailers
- To review and analyse data with the view of understanding category performance and making category recommendations for internal purposes and for our customers
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the FMCG environment, preferably in the Chilled sector
- Minimum of 3 years Category Management experience (including Dunnhumby)
- Degree level or equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and within experience demonstrate knowledge of shopper, category or customer insight
- Proficiency using key software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
This position will give the successful individual a unique opportunity to help shape the future direction of the customer relationship, and will open up fast, exciting career development prospects.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"