Senior Casualty Underwriter
Location: Birmingham International Hub
A great opportunity has arisen to join the new International Hub team as a Senior Casualty Underwriter in our Birmingham office. Responsible for underwriting and servicing UK and Global Casualty accounts in accordance with Commercial Insurance guidelines and procedural instructions, to fully contribute to delivering the Commercial Insurance business objectives and acting as subject matter expert and providing leadership to junior underwriters.
- Supports the Zurich Way of underwriting, and drives business that meets Zurich’s appetite for risk, product density, etc.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities
- Evaluation of global risks to assess loss potential, acceptability and to allocate capacity accordingly
- Monitor and oversee portfolio exposure, taking appropriate action to ensure no limits have been breached and full compliance with relevant regulations providing Management Information to the Head of International Casualty
- Contribute to and implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures thereby maintaining integrity of underwriting function
- Use insights from customers, distributors and own technical expertise to develop new or enhanced propositions that meet customer needs
- Support the design and implementation of rating tools and methodologies to deliver value to customers within own area, ensuring they are commercially viable
- Act as a referral point and coach to less experienced members of the team/underwriting department to raise the capability levels of the organization including management responsibility for team members.
- Lead the implementation of projects to deliver defined objectives with allocated resources and within required timescales.
- Issue of standard (and where required bespoke) policy wordings
- Ensure that required internal and external service and processing standards are met, including the use of agreed systems of quality control
High Level Influencer - The job’s core deliverables rely on developing strong relationships across a wide variety of internal teams and external customers / brokers at senior levels.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Proven relevant underwriting experience at a senior level dealing with brokers and customers and their requirements
- ACII or other relevant professional qualifications an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK and Global Casualty coverage and potential exposures
- Sound understanding of Global programme design and procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of the market environment, practices, procedures and emerging trends
- Analytical approach to pricing and exposure assessment
- Collaborative working style
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Zurich offer a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle; plus you will receive an annual company bonus subject to performance, free travel insurance for 12 months and a 12% employer contribution pension scheme. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our commitment to charity we offer employees three volunteering days per year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job