We are the regulator for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and registered pharmacies in Great Britain. Our main job is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public who need or use services from pharmacists or pharmacy technicians, or services provided at a registered pharmacy, in England, Scotland and Wales.
We are seeking an individual with proven experience of effective case management to provide supervision and guidance to Case Workers in the Professionals Regulation Team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, including Inspectors, to ensure that all cases are planned, managed, progressed, and closed in line with GPhC’s processes and procedures.
- Undertake monitoring, review and quality assurance of investigations within the team and provide feedback and direction on the conduct of an investigation.
- Manage own caseload of serious, complex and/or high profile cases ensuring that they are planned, managed, progressed, and closed in line with GPhC’s processes and procedures.
- Coach and support Case Workers within the Professionals Regulation Team, including new members of staff, and escalate performance concerns to the Professionals Regulation Team Manager as appropriate.
- Review recommendations on case disposal, ensuring proportionate case disposal decisions are made in line with GPhC policies, procedures and the relevant legislation. .
- Maintain up to date knowledge of developments in fitness to practice and regulatory case law and best practice, including any guidance issued by the PSA, and apply and pass on this knowledge as appropriate.
- Ensure good customer care is consistently delivered by the team to internal and external customers, in particular updating parties regularly and meeting their specific needs.
- Risk assessments are undertaken and recorded with steps taken to manage any risks identified.
- Operate as an effective and valuable member of the Professionals Regulation Team and deputise for the Professionals Regulation Team Manager as required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience of case management, along with detailed knowledge of investigative methods, rules of evidence and the legislative and policy framework in the healthcare regulatory environment. It is also essential that you can demonstrate an ability to analyse, manage and problem-solve complex and sensitive issues. Previous experience of having supervised other members of a team is highly desirable. You will be a team player and be passionate about driving continuous improvement.
Deadline for Applications is 6 February 2018. Interviews TBC.
- Case Management
- Case Work