Burn Brae Lodge is a family run home nestling in the hills above Corbridge in Northumberland. Burn Brae has a great reputation and prides itself on creating a family environment - this is delivered through a professional and committed staff team. The senior role -
- Establishes contact and assesses the client when referred from the hospital, wherever possible meeting Carries out and oversees duties and routines that have been adopted by the Home under the direction of the Manager and the Director
- Deputises for the Manager in times of their absence i.e. days off, holidays and sickness etc. The Senior Carer should have a knowledge of the records and other requirements of the Registration guidelines and ensure that these are maintained
- Maintains awareness in all areas of the day to day running of the Home to enable relevant decisions to be made in the absence of the Manager
- Supervises staff to ensure the smooth running of the Home including assessing staff competencies and signing off their training record
- Oversees the care plans and ensure that the Care Assistants are involved in completing the care plans.
- Assesses, implements and evaluates care plans in a supportive manner with Care Assistants
- Monitors all standards of care, which involves walkabouts and talking to residents to ensure that they are all satisfied with the care they receive and the appearance of the Home is acceptable, reflecting good practice
- Orders, supervises, checks and records all drugs and medicines etc. entering and leaving the Home. Ensures that this is done in a safe manner and that it complies with Burn Braes medication policy.
- Liaises with the Primary Health Care Team, the Community Psychiatric Team and the Social Workers, relatives and visitors and other professionals to meet the needs of the residents
- Residential care
- Support/care plans
- Manage complex workload