Salary - £22,600.00
We now have opportunities for Senior Care Workers to join our team at Underley Garden based in Kirkby Lonsdale. As a Senior Care Worker you will help to provide a secure, happy and supportive environment within the schools residential houses, ensuring they offer an environment that is clean, tidy, warm and inviting. Applicants must be enthusiastic reliable and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and have experience of working in the residential care sector.
Working to ensure the physical, emotional and personal care needs of our children and young people are met, you will liaise with colleagues, Parents and other family members and Social Workers to deliver the best Care Plans. Our Care Workers work hard to ensure that the children and young people can carry as much responsibility for their own lives as is reasonable, helping them to live, grow and develop safely and positively.
If you are enthusiastic, reliable and flexible with a genuine interest in working with children and young people, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is committed to providing the highest levels of Care, Education and Support.
As Senior Care Worker the main purpose of this role is to lead and manage the team in the everyday running of residential care to achieve the best outcomes and provide a safe and secure environment for all.
The main responsibilities are:
- To identify, develop and maintain effective and value adding external/partner/stakeholder relationships
- To maintain the highest levels of health, wellbeing and safeguarding of young people within care
- To lead the performance and outcomes of the homes
- To own and ensure delivery of fully compliant and accurate records and administration in line with regulatory requirements and standards
- To ensure that all Health and Safety, Safeguarding requirements are met
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in working with young people, preferably in a residential environment
- Experience of working with and managing challenging behaviour
- Extensive experience of working within Safeguarding and Medication environments
- Attained Level 3 CCYP
- Proven track record of dealing with conflict, managing learning difficulties
- Experience of managing relationships at multiple levels and with local authorities
- Proven track record of working and managing conflicting priorities and challenges
- Ability to work across and support the management of a 24/7 operation
Information about the school can be found at
Safeguarding is everybody’s business. The welfare and safeguarding of children and young people should be of paramount consideration, whatever your role or level of responsibility is within the organisation. All employees, panel members, independent workers and volunteers are required to ensure compliance with the company’s guidance and policy on safeguarding and are required to attend Safeguarding training appropriate to their level of responsibility.