Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabare Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons, who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabare are looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker to join Home & Community ability Houses. You will be required to lead a team of Care Support Staff enabling adults with a learning disability, to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
The position calls for a flexible approach and will involve assisting the Team Leader and Care Quality Manager to develop innovative and effective practice, relating to team building, service user involvement, key working and outcome monitoring.
The hours of work are 37.5 per week to work over a 7 day rota which will include sleepovers. We are looking for someone who is flexible with a mature attitude. The hourly rate starts at £10.00 rising to £10.20. Sleepovers are paid at a rate of £50.00 per night.
Come and Join Alabare today - Enabling a fulfilling life
Key Performance Objectives:
You will take responsibility for ensuring the routine daily duties of the home are carried out as defined by your line manager, along with being part of the key worker system, to support key-working staff and to be active in the planning and implementation of care and support.
Providing practical support to management including specific areas of administration, medication, finances etc. and also be involved in the induction of new staff, volunteers and student placements and ensure that new staff and volunteers receive a thorough induction.
You will also help to ensure that houses under your responsibility implement and adhere to the REACH standards and report any deficiencies to the management.
You will supervise staff at the house and ensure that they support residents in their chosen activities and pursuits and ensure residents have access to appropriate health care.
Training and supervision of staff, and carrying out regular line management supervision with contracted support staff will also form part of your responsibilities.
Supervising staff in the provision of personal care, hygiene, balanced diet, etc. to all residents along with (when required) issuing of medication following Alabaré Christian Care & Support guidelines.
You will also promote and maintain communication with residents' families, friends and volunteer support.
You must be able to work as part of a set rota, including evening, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Support Worker | Care Support Worker | Disabilities | Learning Difficulties | Shift Work
- Understanding and knowledge of adults with learning disabilities
- To be able to work the flexible rota which includes some evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and sleep-ins
- Keen and self-motivated attitude
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain boundaries
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of key-worker system
- Understanding and knowledge of dementia, autism, epilepsy
- Knowledge of challenging behaviour
- A variety of interest and skills
- Knowledge of the benefit system
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award, Two Ticks, Mindful Employer Plus and Disability Confident Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Why work for Alabaré?
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of Alabaré. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years' service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this.
- Comprehensive Induction Training
- Access to award-winning training and development - My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Tax-free childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer
- Free Parking where available
- Learning Disabilities
- support worker
- line manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'