Salary: £10.50 per hour
Job type: Permanent - Full time or Part time hours available
Hours: Days or Nights available
Shifts: 7:00 - 7:00
Job Paths 4 U are looking for a Senior Care Assistant for a Nursing, Dementia and Residential Care Home based in Edwinstowe.
As a Senior Care Worker, you will support the elderly residents, lead a team of care workers and assist new and less experienced members of staff.
This 49 bedded care home is a purpose built care home in Edwinstowe near Mansfield and one of 6 homes owned by our client who specialise in providing the highest standard of Nursing, Dementia and Residential Care.
My client is looking for a strong-minded, passionate and confident person with great leadership qualities to work in their residential care home based in Edwinstowe.
Duties and Responsibilities for this Senior Care Assistant role include:
- Mentoring and peer supervising care workers and ensuring the correct documentation is completed and any problems, issues or concerns are reported to the shift leader
- Ensuring care and ancillary staff feel supported to complete their roles and are able to discuss any concerns issues or problems
- To ensure communication lines are open and all staff are aware of any information appertaining to the care and wellbeing of the residents, changes to work procedures, or any changes to the working environment
- Quality care for all residents including the correct use of moving and handling equipment, risk assessments when caring for residents who may be at risk of falls, or who may harm themselves or others
- To respond to the needs of service users, to assess emergency situations, contacting the manager on call as required
- To support colleagues throughout the night to assist residents
- To support residents with their personal care identified within the individual care plans
- To assist residents who need help, reassurance or support throughout the night
- To maintain accurate notes and records within the resident’s individual files and to handover information to day staff that is relevant to the ongoing care of individual residents
Minimum requirements for this Senior Care worker role are:
- Must have Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with the elderly and people with dementia
- Leadership experience in residential social care
Benefits of this role include:
- Additional incentives for training, CQC inspections, marketing and referring a friend
- Pay overtime rates for all bank holidays and additional payments for covering shifts at short notice
- Paid for NVQ’s and a bonus for all staff upon successful completion
- Work place pension scheme
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Contact: Maisy at Job Paths 4 U
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'