Senior Care Assistant
Aldringham Court, Nr Aldeburgh
2 x Full Time positions available
Two exciting opportunities have arisen to join the team at Aldringham Court, Near Aldeburgh as a Senior Care Assistant. The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to the daily needs.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and Experience
- Medication competency would be desirable, although training can be provided
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
2 x Full Time positions
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. We are a provider of care homes and homecare, exclusively in East Anglia, offering a uniquely different choice for the elderly.