Are you looking to progress your career in care? Are you looking for a full time guaranteed hours contract?
Due to expansion and growth, SCRT are looking for enthusiastic care workers to join our team of Senior Care Assistants across East Lothian and Mid Lothian. Areas we have work available in are Portobello (EH15) Craigmillar (EH16) Gilmerton (EH17) Bonnyrigg (EH19) Loanhead (EH20) Roslin (EH25) Penicuik (EH26) (EH21 EH22) Prestonpans (EH32) Tranent (EH33 EH34 EH35) and surrounding areas.
To join our team and make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable adults in these communities you will ideally have previous experience, however if you can demostrate fantasic organisational ability, then training and support will be provided.
Who would make an ideal senior care worker? We’re looking for people with the following attributes;
• Comfortable being in a fast paced role.
• High attention to detail.
• The ability to communicate with tact and sensitivity.
• The ability to remain calm under pressure.
• A good listener who is patient
• A happy ‘people person’
• A honest person, who acts with integrity and goes above and beyond.
• Willing to support with the shadowing of new carers, conducting spot checks, carrying out client and employee reviews.
• Willing to support with personal care, meal preparation, administering medication, social inclusion, shopping and light household duties.
This job involves travelling from home to home, so you must have access to a vehicle. Successful applicants will therefore be required to work alternate weekends.
We provide much more than just a care job; we offer fantastic training and development opportunities and have a clear internal promotion structure! SCRT are committed to developing your career.
As a Care Assistant for SCRT you’ll enjoy:
• Guaranteed Hours Contracts*
• A Fantastic Pension Scheme
• Competitive hourly rates from £9.50 and 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)*
• Full training and ongoing support
• The chance to increase your career opportunities with SVQ’s to Level 3*
• Employee referral bonus programmes*
• Childcare vouchers*
The successful candidates are required to obtain or update a Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) membership through Disclosure Scotland. SCRT can assist you to obtain this.
SCRT is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply