Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Healthcare Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our clients in the Sunderland area through our friendly Durham branch.The Position:
As a Newcross Senior Healthcare Assistant, you will need to hold a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, with medication administration certificate also essential.
You will be bringing excellence in care to nursing and care home clients around the Sunderland area. Experience within a team leader role is desirable, should you lead a team of HCAs within the home.
- Competitive salary, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Durham, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear. We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
You will need to have the right to live and work in the UK, at least 3 months' previous paid care experience in the UK and suitable referee contact details to apply for this vacancy. You will also need a valid certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course.
Drivers are also preferred to enable access to client locations.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- Senior care assistant durham
- Senior care assistant sunderland