Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced, committed and dedicated Senior Healthcare Assistants to work in nursing, care and residential homes in the the Denbighshire area of North Wales covering Denbigh, Prestatyn, Rhyl and St. Asaph through our Colwyn Bay branch.The Role
As a Senior Carer you'll work in a similar way as a Care Assistant (HCA) but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team. It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to hold a NVQ3 or equivalent in health and social care, with medication certificate essential. You'll also need to have team leader skills and experiences, should you be required to lead a team of carers within an establishment setting.
You could be involved in supporting people to engage in activities of daily living; encouraging independence and promoting health and wellbeing. You may also be involved in supervising your team and working alongside a Multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate family commitments or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £13.78/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform and training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
Our Colwyn Bay branch is situated on Station Road, just opposite the train station. We cover towns in northern Wales such as Anglesey, Prestatyn, Denbign and Llanrwst.
We are down the road from the popular seaside resort Rhos-on-Sea, which includes a number of historic sites associated to Llywelyn the Great who was Prince of Gwynedd in the 13th century.Why Work for Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.You will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
- An NVQ3 / SVQ3 in Health and Social Care, with medication administration certificate
- A clean driving license and access to car is preferable
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- senior care assistant
- north wales
- care agency
- st asaph