Guaranteed Hours Available*
Comfort Call are recruiting for an organised and experienced Senior Care Worker to join their team in Newark, working across Newark & Sherwood, Mansfield and Sutton in Ashfield.
Successful applicants must have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Main duties of the role are to:
• Provide individual care for our service users
• Spot check and monitor of quality and assurance
• Administration of care records
• Carry out initial risk and needs assessments in respect of individual service users.
• Work in partnership with service users, their family, carers, advocates, healthcare professionals and others to ensure the seamless delivery of holistic packages of individual care support;
• Carry out regular reviews of individual services and risk assessments;
• Participate as required in multi-disciplinary review of service users’ needs.
• Shadow new care workers in the field to ensure their competence;
• Carry out the on-site observation and evaluation of care worker practice as part of routine supervision, in response to particular performance concerns, or as otherwise directed;
• Provide ad hoc support and instruction to care workers in the field, including in an emergency.
• Promote a safe working environment and safe systems of work;
• Understand and follow hazard and accident reporting procedures;
• Be alert to any changes in service users’ condition and circumstances and act appropriately when these change;
The successful applicants will have previous paid experience of working in a care setting and hold a relevant healthcare qualification to a level 3 or equivalent, however level 2 will be considered with relevant experience.
We’re looking for people with the following attributes;
• Kind, caring and compassionate
• A good listener who is patient
• A happy ‘people person’
• Naturally strives to go the extra mile for others
• Organised and conscientious
Senior duties will amount to 20/30 hours per week and the successful applicant will be required to perform additional care hours on top of this. Successful candidates will be required to work alternate weekends and will Share On-Call duties 1 or 2 nights each week and every other weekend*
As a senior care worker you’ll enjoy:
• A Fantastic Pension Scheme.
• Competitive hourly rates from £8.75 and 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)*
• Ongoing support and development
• The chance to increase your career opportunities with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care*
• Exclusive discounts every day to hundreds of UK retailers, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express and many others
• Employee referral bonus programmes*
• Childcare vouchers*
All suitable candidates are required to undergo an enhanced level Criminal Records Check.
Comfort Call is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply.
- Relationship Building
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job