Senior Care Assistant (Nights) - Manchester
Salary: £8.75 per hour / Up to £19,110 per annum
Working Hours: 20:00 - 08:00 - 3 shifts on/3 shifts off - average 42 hours p/w
Social Care & Education are recruiting for a dedicated Senior Care Assistant / HCA / Healthcare Assistant to join their friendly Night Shifts team based in Manchester.
This Residential Care Home is looking for a Senior Care Assistant / Healthcare Assistant with a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in Care.
To apply for this job, you must be flexible and able to work weekends, if required.
Senior Care Assistant (Nights): The Job Role
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training manual).
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the residents.
- To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
- To be an active and encouraging member of the Care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Senior Care Assistant (Nights): Working Hours
20:00 - 08:00 - 3 shifts on/3 shifts off - average 42 hours per week
Senior Care Assistant (Nights): The Job Requirements
To be considered for this role you will need:
- NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care or above
- Previous experience of providing care within a residential setting or nursing home.
- Experience of administering medication as prescribed
- Experience of maintaining individual care plans
- Good understanding of safeguarding, infection control, care plans and 5 key lines of enquiries for CQC inspections
Please apply for this Senior Care Assistant (Nights) Role if you have the following experience:
Senior Care Assistant | Senior Night Care Assistant | Healthcare Assistant | HCA
Please note: Due our clients safeguarding policy, any postcode displayed is selected at random, for the purpose of posting this advertisement, and full address details will be provided to successful applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job