I am working on behalf of an excellent client of mine who are seeking multiple Senior Care Assistants to work in a busy care home providing specialist care for Elderly people with dementia based in the St Helens area. They are looking for a strong and enthusiastic candidate who will fit in line with their ethos and continue to provide excellent care for all residents
If this sounds like you or you are a RSW looking to take the next step to become a senior then now is the time to take this a fantastic opportunity to progress and help support to make a difference in the lives of Elderly people. In return they offer great training and progression opportunities for all staff.
This vacancy is for night shifts on a 3 on and 3 off basis working from 8pm - 8am
- 2-3 years' experience in care environment
- Able to demonstrate led a team or supervisory position
- Minimum QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Direct Care
- Completion of NVQ3 in Direct Care
- Experience of administering medication
- Experience of care planning and risk assessment in order to meet individual needs
- Good literacy skills (to be able to write and evaluate care plans)
The successful candidate will:
- Be a passionate, approachable member of the care team, want to help others and make a difference to our residents lives ensuring care is delivered with dignity, respect and fairness
- Lead and develop a team of care staff with fairness, transparency and an inclusive approach
- Contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Orchard Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment
- Be polite, friendly, warm and supportive of residents individual needs providing accurate personalise care plans
- Provide the highest level of personal care (supporting with toileting, bathing etc.) relevant to the needs of each individual residents care plan. Mentor new staff leading by example
- Enjoy a busy environment - administering medication, serving meals and ensuring the resident's rooms and the home are kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times
- Ability to communicate with older people and be interested in their needs
- Eager to complete all training relevant to your role to ensure continual professional development
If you are interested in this Senior Support Worker role then please forward your up to date CV quoting KSM - SCA - 1801 - OCHD to or call me on to discuss things further.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £250 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."
- NVQ Level 2
- Support worker