Sunrise of Southbourne has an 'Outstanding' CQC rating and is offering very competitive rates of up to £10.80 per hour plus fantastic benefits to attract the best candidates to ensure this CQC rating is maintained by the quality of staff we employ. If you want to be part of this fantastic team apply for this job now!
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the SeniorCare Assistant is one of the fundamental roles within our communities. As SeniorCare Assistant you will put the residents care and well being at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Senior Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. As Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, you will assign specific tasks to the care assistants and monitor their completion. You will develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
Our strength lies in the quality of our care and in turn the people we employ to deliver that care.
Key things about you;
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Exhibits a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is truly a unique career experience. As one of the country's most forward-thinking Senior Living companies, we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in our residents' lives. Our resident-centered approach to quality care is key to how we operate. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating Sunrise to an entirely new level to serve even more seniors and their families here in the UK
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Bank Holidays - Double time payment for approved hours worked
- Company Sick Pay
- Pension - Employer contributions
- Child Care Vouchers
- Life Insurance
- 'Your Choices 'staff discount scheme with a wide range of retailers
- Career Development Training to recognised NVQ level in Health and Social care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car Share Scheme
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Heart & Soul company recognition award
- Support & development and a great environment to work in
- A strong team ethos - Every Sunrise team member is trained to understand the value of the Sunrise Senior Living mission, our Principles of Service and our Core Values, and to use them to guide interactions with residents and team members on a daily basis:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job