Senior Calibration Technician
Working hours Mon-Thurs 8.30am-17.00pm and Fri- 8.30am-16.30pm
Pension and childcare vouchers
Would you like the opportunity to work for an ISO 9001 Registered and independent UK laboratory for testing and performance verification of a wide range of services products? My client is internationally recognised for type test reports and gain the relevant markings for businesses products and independently prove their performance.
The Senior Calibration Technician responsibilities will be to test, calibrate, operate and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, in use within the Instrument Solutions.
- As a Senior Calibration Technician you will be focussing on :
- UKAS accredited calibrations under ISO 9001 & ISO/IEC 17025 quality systems.
- The production of calibration and test certificates.
- Instrument fault diagnosis and some minor repairs.
- Liaising with clients-advising them on instrument use / repair / replacements.
- In-house demonstrations of product use to customers (If required).
- The production of testing and calibration procedures
- Preparation and packing of rental instruments prior to their hire.
- Development of process calibration and testing control systems.
- Continued conformity with the requirements contained in ISO 9001 (BSI) and ISO 17025 (UKAS)
- Previous exposure and knowledge of working in a UKAS (ISO17025)
- Knowledge of the production of uncertainty budgets (Desirable).
- BTEC in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Methodical with a practical ability including diagnostic skills (Essential).
- A good communicator-both written and verbal (Essential).
- PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft software
- Use of specialist laboratory software packages such as LabView or IndySoft.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
- instrumentation background
- UKAS lab experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job