An established, professional but person design and engineering consultancy. Passionate about developing new and innovative products that we know will turn our client's ideas into marketable products, solo ventures to blue-chip organisations.
Focused on recruiting the right people, creating a calm and productive work environment and providing excellent working conditions to ensure all staff feel valued and supported.
Looking for logical thinker who uses a science/engineering/mathematical background to analyse and solve client's problems and meet their requirements using a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation, to hands on prototyping and testing. It is a senior software role working in small agile teams of software engineers, electronics engineers and mechanical engineers taking end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, and testing of the software built.
You would benefit from having the ability to adapt to use clients chosen code, an aptitude for software architecture design and test software for release. Represent the business, interacting with clients and suppliers as well as members of internal project teams.
Lead and undertake the design of software concept development, detailed design, prototyping and build and release process as required for individual projects. Software design to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Skills & Experience:
* 2:1 or above honours degree in Computer science maths /engineering or equivalent.
* Experienced in building applications using: C/C++ knowledge using C#, Java, Swift or Assembler would be beneficial.
* Experience in at least one of Windows, Linux, Android, iOS.
* Strong Communication experience.
* Experienced in the principles of software engineering, including specification and validation within the full software development life-cycle.
* Experienced in or willingness to embrace agile methodologies e.g. SCRUM.
* Experienced in the understanding of Test Driven & Behaviour Driven Development.
* Extensive experience in taking end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, and testing of the software built.
* Desired experience within a Consultancy or have previously worked in multiple projects with a single organisation.
* Preferably some experience in Real time operating systems: e.g. FreeRTOS, WindRiver, QNX, Windows Embedded or similar.
* Ideally experienced in any of the following Mobile or embedded platforms. Kernel mode software, device drivers or 3D graphics. Bluetooth, networking and SPI, I2C and serial communications
* Ideally experienced in the software design for manufacture in one of the following: medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory or test equipment.
The ONE Group description:
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough - The ONE Group's recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it's: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk