A global engineering business operating within the aerospace sector require a Senior Buyer. Applicants need procurement experience within a manufacturing or engineering business, and have the ability to drive improved supplier and supply chain performance.
The Senior Buyer will work within the procurement team and report to the Purchasing Manager. The role focuses on maintaining supplier relationships, and driving improved performance from the supply chain. Working with suppliers in regards to KPIs and SLAs is one part of the role, but the Senior Buyer will also have opportunity to increase collaboration and innovative working with the supply chain. The Senior Buyer will also have chance to negotiate agreements with new, and existing suppliers.
Specific duties of the Senior Buyer include:
- Purchasing materials, services and components to support manufacturing
- Ensure continuous and effective supply of materials to the business - communicating material shortages and risks to the production schedule
- Supply market intelligence, benchmarking and competitor strategy analysis
- Look at opportunities to reduce costs in line with procurement savings targets
- Manage suppliers - improve relationships and drive them to hit KPI performance metrics
- Negotiate with new and existing supply chain partners - price, payment terms, quality, delivery
- Investigate new ways to increase collaboration and innovation with the supply chain
Senior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in purchasing / procurement, sourcing or supply chain
- Experience within a manufacturing or engineering business, would be preferred but not essential
- An understanding of ERP/MRP, and how this works within a manufacturing business
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and build relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with procurement colleagues, and stakeholders in engineering and quality
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain
- Senior Buyer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'