Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: Full time Mon - Fri
An exciting opportunity has become available for a passionate professional to join the Buying team of a well-established client based in central Southampton.
The successful post holder should have extensive technical buying experience, as well as be able to draft and negotiate contract terms. This is an exciting opportunity with exposure to many projects across multiple business areas and stakeholders so it will require excellent communication, stakeholder management and prioritization skills.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Buyer Indirect include:
- Develop, implement and lead sub-category sourcing strategy, as well as manage ongoing commercial quality and risk management requirements within their category.
- Engage effectively with the supply market to their category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities to the business.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within their category.
- Ensure effective sourcing and supply process from supporting business partners to develop definition of need, to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment.
- Ensure regular analysis on supplier spend and volume data is achieved, to reduce overall supply chain cost or leverage spends where scale allows.
- Engage in collaboration efforts with other business operating companies and the corporate sourcing group.
The ideal candidate for this position must have:
- Ambitious, driven and focused.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in stakeholder management and relationship building with senior members of staff.
- Experience as a Senior Buyer or a Buyer Team Lead.
- Technical Buying Experience.
If you are interested in the Senior Buyer position, then either call us on or email your CV to the details provided.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'