Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Buyer to support in planning, implementing and delivering a procurement strategy for a key business program. You will support a Procurement Manager and Project Managers in the development and execution of a procurement strategy within a development engineering Programme of New Product Introduction that supports operational readiness training for NATO and the MoD. The role will focus around building engagement with suppliers, development of a KPIs and supplier performance model and managing renewal quotes/ competing supplier bid process. You will be responsible for the direct management of allocated suppliers. The role reports into the Procurement Manager and indirectly into the Project Managers for the Programme. You will work closely with the established supply chain function and will have support of a buying team. The position is based at Christchurch, Dorset and requires occasional travel to other sites and key suppliers. The ability to be security cleared or current SC security clearance is required. This role offers a very competitive salary with excellent benefits.
As a Senior Buyer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Extensive background in managing a supply base and managing supplier performance through the various stages of the Project lifecycle.
- A 'hands on’ approach with both strong experience of transactional procurement processes as well as the ability to build procurement strategy around a second tier supplier base.
- Familiarisation of working with other Operational function such as Materials Management, Planning and Logistics.
- Experiences in using MRP systems for Purchase Order Management.
- Experience working on complex development engineering programmes in an Aerospace Engineering organisation.
- An understanding of EASA regulations that have supply chain implications such as Part 21G, J, and 145 would be advantageous.
- A knowledge of procurement and contract management principles
- An understanding of key contractual principles (e.g. contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
- Familiar with managing suppliers to the standards of AS9100D and/or ISO 9001:2015, managing the flow down of quality conditions and the employment of SQA resource.
- Experience with project management principles and working as part of a cross functional project team
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognise risk elements in business transactions and develop strategies for mitigating risk
Keywords: Buyer, NATO, MOD, MRP, EASA, Project lifecycle, Planning, Materials Manager, Logistics
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Salary: very competitive with excellent benefits
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'