CAF - A CENTURY OF PROGRESS AND SUCCESS
CAF is one of the international market leaders in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for rail systems with presence across the globe in all continents. In the UK market we have been present for more than a decade and we are now expanding exponentially through a corporate holding and two differentiated business units: CAF Rail Services and CAF Rolling Stock. We are recruiting for Senior Buyers to join our Rail Services Procurement Team.
These roles will include providing procurement support for our UK projects. The roles will also involve some UK travel to specific project locations in order to engage with our clients and technical teams on site and ensure the performance of our contractual material supply is being upheld.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring material availability in the stores to enable completion of the maintenance plan
- Sourcing of components to ensure compliance with specifications
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers focusing on cost, quality and value
- Monitor supplier performance against lead times, quality and service
- Continually review stock holding, set minimum order levels based on supplier lead times and parts usage
- Order stock in a timely manner to ensure that minimum holding quantities are maintained
- Responsible for review and implementation of all stores and purchasing related IS09001 quality procedures
- Report on material availability and supplier performance as required by the purchasing manager and in accordance with key KPIs
- Assist various internal and external departments to provide the best possible procurement support for all business requirements
- Ability to liaise with clients and comply with procurement contractual obligations
- Ability to manage specific Fleet, Product Category or Supplier Key Account requirements
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- 3rd Level qualification in a relevant Business or Engineering discipline
- MCIPS Qualified
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in an engineering environment is desirable
- Understanding of Mechanical & Electrical systems and components is desirable
- Clean driver’s license
- Previous experience in a purchasing role is essential
LANGUAGES: English, a knowledge of Spanish would be beneficial but not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'